So this Weekend we decided to get out and do a hike. Me and Chris have never done this before but figured it would be good exercise and fun too. K so Lone Mtn doesn't look that big until you are standing at the bottom of it looking straight up. This sucker was steep! All i have to say is I'm glad I had Chris to push me because I wouldn't have made it to the top. So we finally made it to this flat area after my calves were burning and after I had to stop like 5 times on the way up. I was thrilled to see this cute bench we decided to sit on. It took me a while to get my breath and I was so excited we did it. I was like "Well that was fun". Then i look over and there's this big old hill that keeps going. Well, I should say another Mtn. And might I add it looks impossible to get up! So Chris is like "Tammy, we have to go to the very top so we can say we actually did it". So we waitied a bit and took some goofy pics. Then started our way up. We had to stop another 5 times so I would't kill over. So we make it to the top and what do we see... another flipn Mtn.I just started laughing. We did it though, We made it to the very top! And you know what, I'm proud. But I really hope no one reading this has done this hike and thought it was easy, because i would feel really stupid! It was a fun day and Chris was so cute and loving. The way down was hillarious. I slipped a lot and Chris just laughed at me. It was pretty "straight down" so I did this ugly walk taking really small steps really fast. Chris made fun of me the whole way down and did empressions of me looking like a nerd. It was a blast and the two of us will always remember it!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Our Lone Mtn. Hike....
Posted by Tammy Gregory at 5:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Me and two of my girlfriends did this in High School...it was bigger then it looks. It is cool being on the top though. When we did it, there was hardly any development...this was back in the day when people used to party behind Lone Mnt.
Hey! Very cute blog! I used to do that hike for exercise...and it is not easy (for me anyway)!
I'm with you Tammy, that hike has about killed me. Matt one time couldn't find the trail and just ran straight up the mountain, when he came home and told me he did that I was like HOW DANGEROUS and STUPID!!!!
I'm with you Tammy, that hike has about killed me. Matt one time couldn't find the trail and just ran straight up the mountain, when he came home and told me he did that I was like HOW DANGEROUS and STUPID!!!!
how fun, markie is sitting with me pointing at you guys saying, "mommy...daddy". I am thinking I wish that was me without a huge baby bump!
Post a Comment