Friday, October 3, 2008

Special Ed Chef

So it's official I suck at cooking. Katie my sister-in-law gave me a meatball recipe and garlic mashed potatoes. K meatballs piece of cake, potatoes- I'm used to instant in a box. So Katie acts like I know how to cook and puts very little detail on the recipe. The recipe reads about 4 garlic cloves to add to the boiling water so I go to the store and buy 4 bulbs of garlic. I throw those babies in with the potatoes to cook and thought nothing of it. My other sister-in-law happened to come over and about died when she saw what I was doing. For all of you who don't cook let me give you some advice. You are supposed to peel skin off of these things like an onion and in 1 bulb there's at least 10 cloves. So do the math I was putting in 4 bulbs! My potatoes would have been so garlicky and gross. The funny thing was I had no idea and I even wasn't sure if i was supposed to take them out after boiling and mash them in the potatoes. That would of been funny! I didn't feel so bad until I told some friends at work and they all knew, so that made me realize I better start watching Rachel Ray.

7 comments:

the gregory's said...

Ok so I am laughing so hard right now. I didn;t even get your voice mail until like 9:30 that night, and I thought oh I'm sure Tammy figured it out!!!! Oh thanks for the good laugh

Nicole Cave said...

It is all trial and error!!

Anonymous said...

Tammy yours posts always make me laugh so hard! That is hilarious! I seriously learn so much from Rachel Ray though!

DeLaBlog said...

ew sick! im never eating mashed potatoes at your place. ha jk i only know how to make instant too.

Megan Bleazard said...

You are too funny! That is hilarious! Everyone has a moment like that!

Blissful & Domestic said...

so seriously you just made me feel like an awesome cook cause I always have blonde moments when cooking

Holly said...

Tammy,
Your story is CLASSIC.
Love ya